Osteopaths For Industry (OFI) has over 35 years of experience in the provision of manual handling and people moving people training. Our back catalogue of countless prestigious clients, including Certitude, NHS Blood and Transport, and London Ambulance Service, attests to our unparalleled expertise. We’re considered experts in our field, trusted to deliver top-notch training that sets industry standards.
Why Do We Need Bariatric Moving and Handling Services?
The demand for bariatric patient handling training has surged in response to the global rise in obesity rates. Our specialised training equips healthcare professionals with the knowledge and skills needed to safely and effectively care for bariatric patients (those with a BMI of 30 or higher).
Our Instructors: The Best of the Best
There are only a handful of bariatric moving and handling specialists in the UK, and at OFI, we’re lucky to have several of these rare experts on board as part of our team.
Their expertise and real-world experience in the field make their training sessions engaging, impactful, and rich with the information you need to make sure your staff are equipped and ready to manage the challenges that can arise when caring for bariatric patients.
The Most Comprehensive Range of Services on the Market...
At OFI, we offer a wide range of bariatric moving and handling training services crafted with your company’s unique requirements in mind.
Our training sessions aim to give your team practical handling skills that enable them to confidently and competently provide safe and effective continuity of care whilst ensuring their own musculoskeletal safety.
OFI bariatric training sessions:
- Provide an unparalleled opportunity for staff to explore specialist equipment they may not be familiar with.
- Give your team the space to learn on a practical level the techniques and skills required to treat larger patients.
- Incorporate a focus on the interpersonal skills your team will need to utilise when working with bariatric patients, not just the practical. Think empathy, sensitivity, and respect.
- Focus on body shape and body dynamics, as these, more than the patient’s weight, often add to the complexity of bariatric patient handling.
- Offer your team the opportunity to receive role and company-specific support and advice from bariatric trainers with decades of experience.
- Provide your team with the skills they need to ensure excellent duty of care towards larger patients whilst protecting their own safety.
Our Portfolio of Services
- 1-day course
- 2-day course
- 3-day course
At OFI, our experience has taught us that every case is different: each company has their own specific needs, and we’re here to cater for them. That’s why we offer bespoke, made-to-measure training courses that seamlessly align with your company’s requirements. Whatever your needs, our experts can design a training programme that’s just right for you.
Contact us today to elevate your bariatric moving and handling standards with OFI.